1. NOTICE: If you are using Fabrik and update to Joomla 3.10, you will need to update to Fabrik 3.10. And, if you are using Fabrik, do not upgrade to Joomla 4, we do not have a supported version ready for release. More information on a release date coming soon. Also, please note that Fabrik 3.10 will not install on any Joomla sites less than 3.8.
    Dismiss Notice

Dropdown Element Not Empty Validation Error When 0

Discussion in 'Community' started by hominid4, Apr 9, 2021.

1. hominid4

hominid4 Member

Level: Community
    I very seldom use the Dropdown element, almost always use Database Join element, and haven't noticed this before and not sure if it's only on my end, although I tried it on a couple different sites/servers.

I have a Dropdown element with four sub options with values: empty (for Please select), 0, 1, 2

I have a notempty validation for this dropdown which works as needed except when "0" is selected it shows the notempty error message, it is determining "0" is empty.

Before I continue to troubleshoot this, is this issue only on my end?

Thanks!

Fabrik GitHub: 2021-03-19
    Joomla: 3.9.25
    PHP: 7.3.27

2. startpoint

startpoint Active Member

Try with isnot validation.

3. hominid4

hominid4 Member

Yes, that works, and I currently have a PHP validation in place in the meanwhile, but curious why the notempty validation considers a "0" value to be empty for a Dropdown element? The notempty works fine, just when "0" value is chosen. Thanks.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2021