1. NOTICE: If you are using Fabrik and update to Joomla 3.10, you will need to update to Fabrik 3.10. And, if you are using Fabrik, do not upgrade to Joomla 4, we do not have a supported version ready for release. More information on a release date coming soon. Also, please note that Fabrik 3.10 will not install on any Joomla sites less than 3.8.
    Dismiss Notice

Fabrikar 4 - for Joomla 4

Discussion in 'About fabrikar.com' started by tibo, Sep 7, 2020.

1. tibo

tibo New Member

Level: Community
    Hi

I really like Fabrikar project. I really can do many things with.

Is Fabrikar will be available with joomla 4?

Thanks

2. lousyfool

lousyfool Well-Known Member

3. loveawake.ru

loveawake.ru New Member

Last week-end I was involved in the Joomla World Conference in Rome.
    There, they talked about Joomla 4, that will introduce important difference at programming-level. So, extensions will have to be updated to remain compliant to Joomla.
    My fear is that, if VirtueMart will be not so ready to be compliant with Joomla 4, my best liked ecommerce software will loose market share again, after the delays due to Joomla 3.
    Can someone of the core developers guys tell us if the VirtueMart project will be ready for J4 after it is realised?

4. lousyfool

These are the Fabrik forums (not VirtueMart). Plus, VM for J!4 is -- supposedly -- to be out soon, and a RC is already available.

So, I reckon this here above is a spam post...

5. pakeydev

pakeydev Member

Last edited: Mar 23, 2022
  6. lousyfool

7. lawmaina78

lawmaina78 New Member

Is there still hope in Fabrik for Joomla 4.

8. lousyfool

Yes, there is, thanks to a small group of knowledgeable people working on a Github fork.

hominid4 and lawmaina78 like this.
  9. lawmaina78

lawmaina78 New Member

Kindly share the Github link.

10. mibert

mibert Member

I would be interessted in the Github Link as well as I am using Fabrik on my Joomla 3.10 website and need to update in the near future.

Thanks in advance and have great day

Michael

11. lousyfool

Obviously, it's "work in progress" -- meaning it's not a functional "Fabrik for J!4", yet, and it's also obvious that no one will be able to tell when it will be... only that it'll take some time, still. Otherwise you would have probably heard about it already.

I'm not part of that "small group of knowledgeable people" working on it, as what's happening there is beyond my capabilities, unfortunately.
    And so I am not interfering with the project or the experts there, to not distract or otherwise disturb them at all -- not even with comments, and certainly not with any questions no one has an answer to anyway... something I'd recommend to every other "regular user" as well in everyone's best interest.

That said, if you're a Joomla extension developer with the necessary skills and the ability to commit some decent amount of time to the project, I'm sure the team currently at work (and all of us) would surely welcome your contribution.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2022
    tagger, hominid4, pietrocir and 3 others like this.
  12. bonghetti

bonghetti Member

Great News. We hope, however, that the repository will be available as soon as possible, so as to be able to even just carry out installation tests and be able to be useful with related reports

tagger likes this.
  13. idrive72

idrive72 New Member

Great news !!! Thank you!!!

14. leblancphil

leblancphil Member

Thanks S.G.O.K.P !
    (small group of knowledgeable people)

15. pilot1

pilot1 New Member

I'm not a coder, but a VERY interested party in this project. I have plenty of test facilities to run test installs if needed. Fabrik is the most awesome form app around. No one has come close!

16. pilot1

pilot1 New Member

Guess I need to add - testing with Apache and Ubuntu Linux.