1. Fabrik 3.9 has been released. If you have updated Joomla to 3.9, this is a required update.
    Dismiss Notice

How to: Add/Edit row in list view

Discussion in 'Standard Support' started by aijosh, Dec 5, 2018.

1. aijosh

aijosh Member

Level: Community
    Hello,

I am trying to implement this with not much luck.

LISTC (Posts [listA] with a join to Comment[listB])======
    Code (Text):
    LIST A                                                                 LISTB
    id,user, post                                                        id, postid,user,comment
    1,ben,hello                                                           5,1,wallace,something
                                                                                    6,1,james,another thing
                                                                                    7,1,bond,why
    2,shapiro,come over                                           12,2,brown,ok
                                                                                    8,2,james,thanks
                                                                                    9,2,wallace,bye

In this list view I want
    .1 Comments to be able to be added right here in the list view
    .2 the owners of comments to be able to edit or/and delete their comments.

How do I achieve this?
    The two methods I could think of were/would not work.

Method 1;
    Edit ListC list view template and add FormB and DetailB into each row (Form for posting and detail for viewing). This was going to work till I found out the ListView is a form on its own so the FormB I inserted into the row was nested into FormC and did not work.
    So to test, I changed the <form.. in the ListView template to <div... and FormB started working...… well only the first occurrence of the form. The remaining forms in row 2 and below did not work. I'm guessing cos they all have the same formid.

Method 2;
    Use Inline Edit List Plugin:
    Well, the warning is clear in the wiki not to use this on joined tables so :-(

Is there a way to make this work?

Thanks