1. Fabrik 3.9 has been released. If you have updated Joomla to 3.9, this is a required update.
    Dismiss Notice

SEF links broken on data join

Discussion in 'Professional Support' started by skyrun, Oct 5, 2012.

1. skyrun

skyrun Active Member

Level: Community
    Having a weird issue with a new 'related data' table that i've added.

I have 2 other related data tables displayed in my reservations table and they work fine, however when i add a 3rd (for which i don't see any difference from the first 2), then SOME of the SEF links become messed up...

the links still work, but they're in non SEF format, ie:
    Code (Text):
    http://www.skyrun.com/test/component/fabrik/form/56/0?referring_table=19&srms_reservation_notes___reservation_id_raw=12050
    vs. the SEF equivalent:
    Code (Text):
    http://www.skyrun.com/test/skytrax-reservations/search/form/56/0?referring_table=19&srms_reservation_notes___reservation_id_raw=12050
    also the main reservation form url looks like it is SEF, but my modules do not show up on the main 'reservation' form when this happens.

oddly:

1. it only happens when i have included this new related data (pmt sched on the screenshot). turning that related data off on the reservations table makes the form work perfectly. if i turn off the other 2 columns and display just the new column, same thing... doesn't work. whenever that new column is displayed SEF is messed up.
    2. the 3 links on the FIRST ROW are correct (yellow highlighting in screenshot), but links in rows 2+ (red circle and below) are non-SEF as above, even with the new related data on. and if i set the number displayed so there are multiple pages. the first row on each page is correct, but not row 2+ (and not the overall table).
    i should have some of my silver server time if you would like to get on and troubleshoot.

Attached Files:

2. skyrun

skyrun Active Member

workaround: empty menu trash

this was due to in the past, having created a separate menu item for the third table, then deleting it when i changed my mind and thought it looked better as related data to the reservations table. so the menu item for the third table (pmt sched) was still in there in state -2 (deleted).

for some reason fabrik? or joomla? was still using the deleted menu item and getting confused... so i worked around this issue by simply emptying the menu trash on joomla which discarded the already deleted row that was apparently causing the confusion.

my suspicion is that somewhere in the fabrik table code for displaying related data is a query that doesn't appropriately exclude deleted menu items, so perhaps this can be checked out and fixed so it doesn't have to be worked around.

3. cheesegrits

cheesegrits Support Gopher Staff Member

Hmmmm, we don't do any direct table lookup for SEF'ed URL's. We just use the published J! API, hand it our link, and use what they give us back as the SEF link. So this sounds like a J! issue.

Have you emptied the trash on your J! menu page?

-- hugh